“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude And A Few Basic Fitness Skills, I Have A Fun And Fulfilling Coaching Position Just For You!”
Fitness Planning Consultants are looking for qualified candidates to join our team. If you enjoy working with people, are energetic, positive, and want to share your fitness knowledge to help people achieve their own goals, then we might have something for you. Depending on when you apply, we may have openings for internships, part-time, or full-time positions.
You will shadow, observe, organize, create, and eventually lead training sessions with our athletes. The programming will be geared towards youth athletes through potentially college age for various sports with one goal in mind – PROVIDE THE ATHLETE WITH THE BEST EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE.
What you could be responsible for:
- Speed and strength developments for athletes ages 10 and up.
- Being able to handle training individuals one-on-one, small groups (up to 4 people), or large groups (more than 5).
- Adult fitness sessions.
- Onboarding client assessments.
- Facility maintenance.
- Program design.
Expectations of all applicants:
- A working knowledge of Health and Fitness. We can teach you our system, but you should know your way around a weight room.
- Good communication skills. You will have to learn how to say possibly the same things to different people in different ways.
- People skills, good personality & energy: – must LOVE working with people, have a great personality and be energetic! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people, especially youth athletes. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism.
- Be a role model for impressionable young athletes.
Final details you should be made aware of:
- We expect you to be on time all the time. That includes interviews.
- You should dress to impress us at the interview. Your first impression can make or break the hiring process.
- You will learn a lot more than just being a coach. You will learn the intricacies of how to run a business if that is your desire.
If you are desiring an internship with us, they are scheduled according to a traditional academic semesters and summer vacations. The schedule below lists APPROXIMATE start and end dates (give or take). Official start and end dates for each internship can be asked at the interviews. Interns are expected to work between 20 and 30 hours each week when we need them.
- Fall Semester: September 1 – December 10 (2 positions open). Deadline to apply (August 10).
- Winter Semester: January 3 – April 30 (2 positions open). Deadline to apply (December 10).
- Summer Semester: May 10 – August 31 (2 positions open). Deadline to apply (April 15).
Please fill out the form below and submit it to apply for a position/internship with our company. If we think you might be a fit, we will contact you with the next steps to proceed.
If you are selected to be our intern, this will be an awesome experience that we hope you embrace. It will set you up to better understand how the “real world” operates and the skills you need to be successful at your job even if it isn’t in the strength and conditioning field.
BTW if you are looking to apply for an Administrative Assistant position, please click HERE!
About Fitness Planning Consultants, Inc.
We offer customized personal training, speed, and strength programs for athletes and individuals throughout Central Ohio, including Columbus, Dublin, Upper Arlington, Hilliard, Worthington, and Powell. We’re located within Ohio Sports Plus. Our speed, strength, nutrition, and personal training programs have produced results for hundreds of athletes, as well as everyday citizens looking to improve their health and fitness.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our position. We hope to hear from you soon.
Adam E. Kessler