Our focus is always on speed training and in order to really accomplish that your athletes have to get stronger.
But a lot of our athletes don’t have facilities to strength train at or because of their sport, don’t have time allocated for them. We will provide a solution for those athletes by allowing you to strength train at our facility, while we are working with our speed training athletes.
What does that mean?
We will be providing your athlete with a workout program for each session, building upon what was done the previous session. The workout will be created to accomplish the goals set forth by the athlete to be better at his/her sport, whatever that may be: add muscle, stay lean, develop strength, or develop power.
We will monitor the workouts and provide spotting when necessary, but it will be the athlete’s responsibility to do the entire workout that is presented to them on their own at our facility.
What does this consist of?
We will put together a workout for your athlete based on his/her skill level, age, and prior lifting experience. Advanced lifts will only be implemented for athletes with prior experience or our staff training the athlete. Instruction will be given for the exercises and the design of the program will reflect our abilities to safely watch the athletes.
Meaning, the exercises will be effective, but not extremely high risk, if we have to spend more time monitoring our speed athletes.
Who is this for?
Our total body strength program is geared for athletes who are in 8th grade or older. The program will be different for someone who is in 8th grade as opposed to 11th grade, but the focus is the same. Learning proper technique and improving in a safe manner, but improving nonetheless.
This is why you want to strength train with us:
- Injury Prevention – You want to make sure your athlete gets the proper instruction needed on each lift so the athlete won’t hurt herself.
- Sport Neglection – The sport you play doesn’t get enough time in your school weight room. We will pay special attention to you to make sure you receive the program you need to accomplish your goals.
- Individualized Training Plans – Sometimes an athlete doesn’t respond well to a program designed for the masses. You need to have a plan that will progress your athlete accordingly, hit the muscles needed for his/her sport, and address the weaknesses of the athlete.
- Individualized Attention – I understand why coaches want their players in the weight room with the hundred other kids that are in there. But trust me, as a former high school strength coach, there are just some kids that slip through the cracks and we don’t know if they are progressing or not. Some kids don’t care if they are lost within the masses, thus they probably don’t make the gains that the coach and/or parent want for their athlete. We only have a few athletes lifting at one time so that won’t happen here. If your athlete wants to get better, they will get stronger and faster.
- A Program Designed Not Only For Strength, But SPEED – At a certain point, you have to alter your lifts to develop the fast twitch fibers to move fast and explosive. If your program doesn’t cater to that, you’ll get stronger, but will you get faster. Probably not as fast as you could be. We know when to make those adjustments for your program.
Don’t delay. Get started with us and let our qualified coaches progress your athletes safely and effectively through a strength program.
If you have any questions, click here to fill out our Contact form.