I know I give kudos to our high school athletes a lot and not so much with our middle school kids. Not that I’m trying to ignore them, but I just don’t get the opportunity to really see what they’ve done.
But, today I have some reports on some of our middle school kids that is really AWESOME! So let’s start patting them on the back.
- The Diocesan track and field championships happened this weekend and a few of our athletes participated in it and did well. Will Cromley kicks things off as he captured 3rd place in the 200M and 400M. Then on his last jump in the long jump blew past the competition to claim the long jump title.
- One of his competitors in the 200M and 400M is actually a teammate of his on his club soccer team. Cameron Stanley got 2nd in the 100M and 200M, but ran one heck of a race in the 400M to win it by .16 seconds. Cameron got a PR in that race by almost 3 seconds.
- Luke Riedlinger ran in this meet and for his division he was able to compete on two relay teams that got 3rd (4x200M) and 2nd (4x400M) respectively. Luke also battled back from an early season injury to get 3rd place in the 400M.
- Audrey Ruschau ran in this meet as well. Although her 4x100M team didn’t place very high, she had a great time participating and really enjoyed her season.
- Finally, Maya Fuller had an awesome day at the Ohio Middle School state track meet. Maya had been dealing with a wrist injury suffered in soccer so didn’t get to run as well as she wanted to in the 400M. But, she did get a PR. Maya recovered though and ran with her school’s 4x400M team to capture the state title and set a new meet record. OUTSTANDING!! Congrats to Maya and her teammates!
- Cole Truckly ran track for the first time at his junior high and said it was really fun. He tried a little bit of everything as we helped him with his long jump and high jump. The right attitude when starting track.
*Learn more at our social media channels!