I ran track in Columbus, Ohio and I’ve coached track athletes in this Central Ohio area. I thoroughly enjoy the sport, but if you think you are going to improve by doing absolutely nothing until March 1, YOU ARE FLIPPING CRAZY!!
I have all the respect in the world for track coaches, but bottom line is that some are better than others. What you have to understand is that athletic directors can only hire coaches that apply for the positions. If they don’t get a list of great candidates, then they have to pick the one least likely to screw up.
Unfortunately, the offseason for track athletes is so different then football, baseball, or even basketball. They don’t get put on a good offseason program because they are bumped from the weight room. If they do get in, they are put on a generic program that may or may not help them get faster.
Don’t let anyone kid you, getting kids faster IS AN ARTFORM. Your potential track star needs to be strength training NOW!! They need to be working on their mechanics NOW!! And they need to be developing their explosive, not exactly now, but very, very soon!
If they are not doing that, then let me know. I’ll help you out. Or even if you are doing something, but question its effectiveness, share it with me. I hate to say it, but your track coach might be good at peaking your track athlete during the season, but provide a very subpar offseason workout.
As you will see below, we have had a lot of experience working with high level track athletes and know we might be able to help you out.
Amazingly enough, at this time we are looking for talented young athletes. You could very well be a great fit for our program.
Here is a quick list of some of our athletes who have participated in the state track meet the last several years:
- Aziza Ayoub. Jonathan Alder – STATE CHAMPION 800M Division 2, 4x800M State Qualifier.
- Cannon Riddle. Hilliard Darby – STATE CHAMPION HIGH JUMP Division 1 indoor.
- Aziza Ayoub (currently training with us), Jonathan Alder – STATE CHAMPION 800M Division 2, 100M State Qualifier, NATIONAL JUNIOR OLYMPIC 800M CHAMPION!!
- Cannon Riddle (currently training with us), Hilliard Darby – 5th Place High Jump Division 1
- Aziza Ayoub, Jonathan Alder – 5th Place 400M Division 2
- Natalee Cole, Worthington Christian (running track at Bowling Green) – 4th Place 4×200 Division 3, 200M State Qualifier Division 3
- Benton Wilson (currently training with us), Dublin Jerome – 6h Place 4×400 Division 1
- Aziza Ayoub, Jonathan Alder – 400M State Qualifier
- Natalee Cole, Worthington Christian (running track at Bowling Green) – 4×100, 400M, 200M State Qualifier Division 3
- Brad Kanney, Bishop Watterson (running track at High Point University) – STATE CHAMPION 4×100 Division 2
- Brad Kanney, Bishop Watterson (running track at High Point University) – 4×100 State Qualifier Division 2
- Mara White, Watkins Memorial (ran at Belmont University) – 4×800, 1600M State Qualifier Division 1
This is just a glimpse of some of the athletes we have been fortunate to work with in their offseason to get stronger and faster for their events. We would love to work with you.
Improvements are made in the offseason by experts who know how to get the most out of track athletes. Don’t let this time be wasted, otherwise your track athlete might get beat in a race by someone we train.