The ultimate goal when you play your sport is to win a championship. Unfortunately there can only be one winner in sports. If your athlete can get out of the regionals in Columbus, Ohio, then he/she will have a good shot to capture a state title no matter what sport is being played.
Luckily we had two athletes that played on the same team that won a state title. We had a handful of other athletes that contended for a state title though and were obviously thrilled to be in that position.
Let’s congratulate the following athletes that trained with us in the last year who got to compete for a state championship:
- Locally, the DeSales girls lacrosse team ended up winning the state title. On that team senior, Grace Lensmire, and sophomore, Gabby Mahaffey, had trained at our facility multiple times. Congrats to them getting some hardware that they will be able to remember the rest of their lives.
- We had quite a few track athletes that made it to the finals for their respective events. One of them was Isabelle Angerman, a senior for Dublin Coffman. She closed out her high school career getting 3rd place in Division 1 for the 300H. She’ll be competing at Louisville next year.
- Division 1 has some tough competition and the Dublin Jerome 4x400M team captured 8th place at the state meet. On that team was freshman, Maya Fuller, who anchored that team. Maya has trained with us multiple times as well for both soccer and track.
- Making it to the finals of the 100M was Anna Kessler of Bishop Watterson. Despite a 3.5 weather delay she made finals and finished 9th place overall. An amazing experience for her as she is back at the facility now getting ready for soccer.
- I want to make mention that Nicole Tonetti, a sophomore at Olentangy Liberty, did not make the state meet, but did break her school record in the long jump as she made it to regionals.
There were several athletes that placed at the state track meet that hadn’t been to the facility in a few years, but we still want to recognize them and congratulate them.
- Jacob Ranker, a senior at Marysville, got 5th in Division 1 for the 300H.
- Gib Cornett, a senior at Canal Winchester, was part of a boys 4x200M team that got 7th place in Division 1.
- Emilee Fecht, another senior at Hilliard Davidson, was 5th place in the girls shot put for Division 1.
- Sam Huyghe, a sophomore from Columbus Academy, was part of a 4th place 4x200M boys team in Division 3.
We had a handful of athletes that made it to the state track meet, but did not place. Katie Brand and Maya Patterson had great seasons to get to that state meet. Congrats to you both.
It was another great spring season for all of our athletes. Congrats to everyone and we wish you the best this summer.