“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude And A Few Basic Fitness Skills, I Have A Fun And Fulfilling Coaching Position Just For You!”
Dear Prospective Coach,
We have two opportunities for coaches who want to work with athletes and potentially others types of individuals in the wellness industry – a performance coach position or an unpaid internship. Please read on.
What Internship Covers
Who Might This Be For
Internship Details You Need To Be Aware Of
- We need you at odd hours – often your typical after school/work hours (3pm and later) and Saturday mornings. Summer interns would be required to come earlier starting at 9:30 potentially.
- This is an unpaid internship.
- There will be some admin tasks you might have to do and on down time some cleaning (the grunt work that interns need to do).
- You must be on time all the time and find your own way to the facility.
- Good Communication Skills: you will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills, good personality & energy: – must LOVE working with people, have a great personality and be energetic! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people, especially youth athletes. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and Fitness Education: You do not need personal training experience, but you should have a working knowledge of health and fitness.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- National Certification
- Kinesiology, Exercise Science or Health Related Degree
- CPR Certified
About Fitness Planning Consultants, Inc.
We offer customized personal training, speed, and strength programs for athletes and individuals throughout Central Ohio, including Columbus, Dublin, Upper Arlington, Hilliard, Worthington, and Powell. We’re located within Ohio Sports Plus. Our speed, strength, nutrition, and personal training programs have produced results for hundreds of athletes, as well as everyday citizens looking to improve their health and fitness.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our position. We hope to hear from you soon.
Adam E. Kessler