When you coach athletes, it is very important that you do not peak your athletes too early. The athletes below are competing in track and field and baseball for schools such as Hilliard Davidson, Jonathan Alder, and Canal Winchester. You want them continually progressing so that come playoff/tournament time they are playing their best.
Some of our athletes are doing just that. Here is a quick rundown of the athletes that we know are progressing nicely as tournament time approaches:
- Preston Eisnaugle of Jonathan Alder has been among one of the area leaders in hitting all season. His baseball team played last night for the District championship. As of press time, we did not know the outcome of that game.
- Emilee Fecht won her division of the OCC in shot put. Now the Hilliard Davidson student has her eye on bigger things with Districts beginning yesterday.
- Wooster won its league championship in baseball and has advanced to the NCAA Division 3 tourney. Ethan Myers, who was supposed to start back again with us this week, but because of the advance had to postpone his training, is on the team. Don’t worry Ethan. We understand.
- Aziza Ayoub of Jonathan Alder, won the 400M and 800M at her league meet and was part of the winning 4x400M team. Now begins the tough task of trying to repeat as state champion.
- Anna Kessler, running for her school of St. Andrew, won her league meet’s 100M, 200M, and 400M races capturing the “sprint trifecta.” A pretty cool title to say that you have accomplished.
- Reed Farmer helped his Hilliard Davidson 4x400M team capture 3rd place at the OCC league meet and also got 2nd place in the 800M with a new PR.
- Luke Riedlinger helped his 4×100 relay capture second place, got second in the long jump, and was part of a winning 4×200 relay team.
- Eden Brush ran up a division in her Diocese meet and captured 5th place in the 800M and 1600M races. Two races I know I didn’t have the guts to run back in the day.
- Gib Cornett from Canal Winchester got 3rd place in the 200M and 4x100M at his OCC league meet.
Good luck to all you guys as you keep on competing. We will obviously keep you posted as we hear things.