This week was a big week for my family. My oldest was graduating from the 8th grade. I don’t quite recall all this hoopla for it back in my day, but hey whatever floats your boat.
As tough as it was watching the class dvd of all her younger pictures, it also got me realizing that we have our own graduates moving on to bigger and better things.
Here is a quick list of the seniors we worked with this year. If I happened to forget a few of you, I apologize:
- Today, Aziza Ayoub will be running the 4x800M at the Ohio state track meet and tomorrow will defend her title in the 800M as she tries to repeat and break the state record. Next year, she will be running at Ohio State, staying relatively close to us so we can watch her run some more in college.
- Benton Wilson missed his senior year in track due to an injury, but will be running track next year for M.I.T. Yes, that M.I.T.
- Jackie Tu was our athlete of the month this past month. As we mentioned, she will be going to Georgia Tech, but won’t be continuing her sports career. Maybe at a club sport level.
- Reed Farmer finished up his senior year in track with Hilliard Davidson. At this time, I do not know where he is going, but we wish him the best of luck anyways.
- Cannon Riddle also lost his senior year in track to an injury. That still didn’t stop him from getting a scholarship to high jump at the University of Cincinnati. Hopefully, he bounces back for a great freshman year.
Good luck to all our graduates. The ones here, the ones we used to train, but haven’t seen for awhile, and the others I might have forgotten about.