I don’t get to do it nearly enough, but I was able to get out and watch a few of our athletes compete these past couple weeks. Occasionally, I watch to analyze, but the real reason I’m there is to finally get a chance and watch you guys do your thing.
Recently, I was able to watch these athletes go at it:
- I’ve seen KK Duffy play a couple times this year, most recently when they played Westerville North at home. It was a real ugly game to watch, as Westerville South (KK’s team) ended up losing. KK tried her best to keep her team in it getting 10 points and 8 boards in the contest.
- This past Sunday, I went to Capital University to watch the Central District Indoor Track championships. A few of our athletes were competing beginning with Benton Wilson of Dublin Jerome. Benton has been battling a little injury and this was his first race back anchoring the 4×200 getting second place in their heat and 6th overall.
- Eric Holsinger of Dublin Scioto did a little work with us this winter and he captured third place in the 200M.
- Reed Farmer of Hilliard Davidson ran a strong leg in the 4×800 relay getting them a first place victory. This relay team qualified for the indoor state championships this weekend.
- Jackie Tu ran her last indoor track meet as a high schooler as she ran the 400M and 4x800M for Dublin Coffman.
- An athlete who hasn’t trained with us since he was in middle school was Daniel White. Daniel is a senior at Watkins Memorial and he won the mile this past weekend. He’s going to compete in college at Belmont University where his sister, Mara, went. Mara trained with us as well and I ran into her at the meet because she is now coaching distance girls at Dublin Scioto. Man these kids are growing up.
The end of the winter season awards are starting to come out and already we have some athletes getting recognition.
- The aforementioned KK Duffy got second team All-OCC Buckeye Division.
- Teegan Pifher of Olentangy Liberty got first team All-OCC Buckeye Division and she is only a freshman folks.
- Hannah Fecht who plays basketball at Baldwin Wallace in only her second year that got Honorable Mention OAC. Tough to get those accolades in college, but she did.
Great job for all these kids. Send us your schedule and we will try our best to make it to one of your games. We’d love to watch you play.