I can’t believe we are starting September and kids have been in school already for 2 – 2.5 weeks. Well you know what that means – fall sports are in full swing.
Our athletes have started it off with a bang. Check out some of our athletes and what they have done so far:
- Preston Eisnaugle is the quarterback for Jonathan Alder and he promptly led his team to an OT win over Marysville. He played so well he was one of the quarterbacks mentioned as a star of the week.
- We have a lot of soccer athletes and a bunch have been playing well. Gilberto Quintero and D.J. Brown have been scoring goals for the Watterson boys team. You can read about them and the female Watterson players I mention below by clicking here.
- We also have a few Watterson girls soccer players. Elizabeth D’sa and Isabella Ginocchi have been playing well. i got to watch them play against Dublin Jerome and B scored a goal.
- Speaking of that game, Claire Hollern and Sydney Browning were playing defense for Dublin Jerome in that game. It was fun watching all these girls who have trained at the facility playing against one another. Claire kicked the ball right into a Watterson girl’s face. Looked like it smarted a little. You can read about their team by clicking here.
- Abbie Morris got her senior season off on the right foot as she scored a goal for her Upper Arlington team. They are hoping to improve from last year and so far things are looking good. You can read about Abbie and her teammates by clicking here. Her senior night will be next Tuesday, October 10.
- Wellington’s girls soccer team has been playing a lot and Liv Penegor has been scoring some goals. She’s even been playing on a bum ankle and still getting those balls in the net.
It will be fun following you guys this fall. I also hope to see some of our other athletes get in the mix this fall.