In our marketing, I’ve said that we work with champions and in the last 12 months we certainly have. Several track champions this past June. Now we can add a new sport to our champions list – gymnastics.
This past weekend, Dublin Jerome’s Raegan Ernst won the state gymnastics all-around title. That’s kind of a big deal.
Raegan initially started working with us to help improve her speed for track. But, we’ve worked with high level gymnasts before. Our program really helps them with the vault and their floor routines.
So, we got Raegan faster before she began gymnastics. That improved speed and power also just happened to help her with gymnastics this season as she captured the state title.
As she adds this state title to her resume, she begins her track season shooting for a state title in that sport. She will run track in college next year for the University of Dayton.
Other athletes of ours that had some recognition recently:
- Mason Bermudez of Bishop Watterson placed 10th in the 400M and ran on a 4x400M team that placed 7th. Teammate Jake McCann was on that relay who has also been training with us.
- Eden Brush of Bishop Watterson ran on the 4x800M team that placed 11th in the state. Teammate Erin Karas who was on that relay placed 7th in the 1600M in D1.
- Grace Daily of Buckeye Valley placed 11th in the 200M at the Indoor State Track Meet in D2. She also competed in the 60M dash.
- Jordan Rich of Olentangy Liberty was named Honorable Mention All-District in basketball.
- Alex Spiers of Bishop Watterson ran on a 7th place 4x800M team and an 8th place 4x400M at the State Indoor Track & Field Championships.
- Sydney Workman captured 4th place in the 200M at the State Indoor Track & Field championships. She also ran on Bishop Watterson’s 4x200M that placed 7th. On that team was teammate Hannah Brady who has been doing some work with us this off-season.
Congrats to those athletes on their winter sports and any other athletes we might have forgotten about.