The spring sport season has started and being the beginning of April, it means that the weather is a crapshoot whether it will be good weather or bad weather.
Like a lot of athletes, our athletes have jumped right into action. I did a little internet surfing to see if some of our athletes have been written up yet. They have.
So, I’m going to highlight a few that I saw. Understand, I’m going to just discuss the athletes that have trained with us within the last school year. I found a few that don’t train with us anymore and we wish them the best.
Without further ado:
- Camron Hubble is a sophomore at Westerville Central who was listed as a varisty player for their baseball team. If you recall, Cam was a recent athlete of the month and set a record on our record board when he retested.
- Maddi Luke is a sophomore on Dublin Coffman’s softball team who will play pitcher and outfield. Maddi also was an athlete of the month and still has a couple records on our board.
- The following athletes ran at the Hilliard Davidson Invitational this past weekend – Jackie Tu (Dublin Coffman), Reed Farmer (Hilliard Davidson), and Hayden Turk (Marysville).
- Eric Holsinger (Dublin Scioto), Tony Rogner (Watterson) and Matthew Morabeto (Dublin Coffman) ran well in their early track meets.
- Gib Cornett (Canal Winchester) was able to be part of a 4×200 relay that broke the school record. How about that and we just started the season!! Way to go Gib!
- Anna Kessler started her track season off with a 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place showing in her first meet of the season.
- Luke Riedlinger looked strong in his races this past weekend as well getting first in the 800M relay, second in the 400M, and fifth in the 200M. Not bad for his first time in a new division.
- Libby Berg particpated in her first track meet ever and seemed to really enjoy it. She placed high in her 50M and 100M races.
- Matt Sladoje was named as a senior defenseman for his Dublin Jerome lacrosse team. Let’s hope he has a bang out senior year.