“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude And A Few Basic Fitness Skills, I Have A Fun And Fulfilling Coaching Position Just For You!”
Performance Coach Internship
If you have a desire to work with athletes, then an internship with Fitness Planning Consultants would be perfect for you. We work with middle school, high school, and college aged athletes that would give you plenty of opportunities to understand the intricacies of putting an athlete through a speed and strength program.
We are looking for energetic, personable, and willing to learn candidates that can accept this internship. If you are pursuing a degree in an Exercise related field or an industry certification such as but not limited to – NSCA-CSCS, ACSM, NSCA-CPT, USA Sport Performance Coach – this would be perfect for you.
You will shadow, observe, organize, create, and eventually lead training sessions with our athletes. The programming will be geared towards youth athletes through potentially college age for various sports with one goal in mind – PROVIDE THE ATHLETE WITH THE BEST EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE.
Expectations of all applicants:
- A working knowledge of Health and Fitness. We can teach you our system, but you should know your way around a weight room.
- Good communication skills. You will have to learn how to say possibly the same things to different people in different ways.
- People skills, good personality & energy: – must LOVE working with people, have a great personality and be energetic! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people, especially youth athletes. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism.
- Be a role model for impressionable young athletes.
Final details you should be made aware of:
- We expect you to be on time all the time.
- This is an unpaid internship, but if you stick it out the experience will be invaluable to your career.
- If you have the desire to run your own business (even if it isn’t in the fitness industry), this internship will show you how a small business operates and if you are cut out for it.
- There will be an opportunity to secure a job with us once you complete the internship, if it was a good experience for both parties.
Fitness Planning Consultants internships are scheduled according to a traditional academic semesters and summer vacations. The schedule below lists approximate start and end dates. Official start and end dates for each internship can be asked at the interviews. Interns are expected to work between 20 and 30 hours each week when we need them.
- Fall Semester: September 1 – December 10 (2 positions). Deadline to apply (August 10).
- Winter Semester: January 3 – April 30 (2 positions). Deadline to apply (December 10).
- Summer Semester: May 10 – August 30 (2 positions). Deadline to apply (April 15).
Please fill out the form below and submit it to apply for the Performance Coach Internship. If we think you might be a fit, we will contact you with the next steps to proceed.
If you are selected to be our intern, this will be an awesome experience that we hope you embrace. It will set you up to better understand how the “real world” operates and the skills you need to be successful at your job even if it isn’t in the strength and conditioning field.
About Fitness Planning Consultants, Inc.
We offer customized personal training, speed, and strength programs for athletes and individuals throughout Central Ohio, including Columbus, Dublin, Upper Arlington, Hilliard, Worthington, and Powell. We’re located within Ohio Sports Plus. Our speed, strength, nutrition, and personal training programs have produced results for hundreds of athletes, as well as everyday citizens looking to improve their health and fitness.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our position. We hope to hear from you soon.
Adam E. Kessler