This is a one-time class, but we will run it each month just in case people didn’t get the opportunity to attend. The class length is approximately an hour. Here are the dates for the first quarter of 2013. Times and dates might change so check back.:
- Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 7pm
- Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 7pm
- Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 7pm
What It Is About
I feel that understanding nutrition can be that added piece in an athlete’s arsenal to set him/her apart from the competition. It can be just as important as speed training, strength training, taking 500 shots a day, etc. This area is not addressed enough by my athletes are any athlete.
This class will be a basic nutrition/supplementation class for parents and athletes to help them make better choices. It is open to anyone who wants to learn this information. It will cover the following areas:
- What are indications that your nutrition is not where it needs to be if you are an athlete?
- What you need to eat to fuel yourself before a competition or activity, during, and post-recovery?
- What is a protein, carbohydrate, and fat and what are good choices?
- How to handle heat?
- If you need to lose or gain weight for your sport, how to do so effectively?
- What are supplements and which ones work?
- Should my athlete be using supplements?
As a current or former client, there is no charge for you to attend this class. All we ask is that you fill out the form below and submit it so we know who will be there.
- We encourage you to bring friends. If you are coming and they are attending with you, they will be free as well. Just forward them this webpage and fill out the form below.
- If your friends show up, but you do not attend, they will be asked to pay $5.
- If for some reason you can not make it to the class you signed up for and registered, as a courtesy we ask that you contact us either by the phone number below or our contact page before 1pm the day of the seminar. If we do not have either of those prior to 1pm and you cancel or do not show, you will have to pay the next time you decide to attend the class.