WE NO LONGER OFFER THIS CLASS. PLEASE REQUEST OUR NORMAL TRAINING IF THIS TYPE OF TRAINING INTERESTS YOU!!!
Strength Coaching in Columbus for Triathletes, Ironman Athletes, Runners, and Cyclists
If you run marathons, are a cyclist, compete in triathlons, or are an Ironman competitor, then you need to start implementing strength training to your routine.
If you live in Columbus, Ohio and are looking for triathlon coaching, Ironman coaching, or other endurance events, then our strength training class may help you out.
Strength training is becoming more and more essential for endurance athletes including triathletes, runners, cyclists, and Ironman competitors.
This was never more evident with my sister-in-law, Meredith Kessler. She is a professional Ironman champion, but just turned pro in November 2009. She started her strength training routine in the early part of 2010 and has gone gangbusters. Through the years, here are some of her notable accomplishments:
- November 2011, Ironman Arizona, 3rd Place
- November 2011, Long Distance Triathlon World Championships, 3rd Place
- September 2011, Ironman Wisconsin, Runner-Up
- August 2011, Ironman Canada, 3rd Place
- July 2011, Rev3 Portland, Champion
- April 2010, New Orleans 70.3, 4th Place
- May 2010, Ironman St. George, Runner-Up
- June 2010, Ironman Coeur d’Alene, Runner-Up
- July 2010, Vineman 70.3, 7th Place
- August 2010, Ironman Canda, Champion. Click here to read the article about her.
This picture is of Mer and I. Obviously, strength training is just one piece of the puzzle, but it is a piece nonetheless and you are missing the boat of you do not incorporate it in your program.
Don’t know what to do?
Well, we do. We know how to incoporate it into your training program so it complements what you are doing.
Worried about size and bulk?
We understand that and our program is focusing on strength and power, you won’t get bulky.
Why listen to us?
We work with a lot of individuals to improve their speed, but have helped the following athletes improve their performance in these endurance events:
- Mara White and Morgan Reichert, distance runners for Watkins Memorial who have competed in the state meet in both Cross Country and Track & Field
- Katie Papesh, former Dublin Scioto runner who is now running at Georgia State University
- Tom Hanley, former Dublin Coffman student who is a competitive cyclist. His cycling coach was a coach working for Carmichael Training Systems (founded by Chris Carmichael – Lance Armstrong’s coach).
- Performed a hands on seminar for the Newark Catholic girls cross country team
What we have decided to do is start a Strength Training Class for Endurance Athletes. (We’re still working on a catchier name). If you live in Columbus Ohio and participate in running clubs, triathlon training, Ironman training, or cycling races, then this class is for you.
This class will be run by our newest employee, Bryan Morosky. Bryan is a former athlete of Adam’s and has really started to blossom as a triathlete. Here are some of his credentials for leading this class:
- Bryan will be representing amateur Team USA in New Zealand for the Sprint Triathlon World Championships in October 2012.
- Placed 4th in his age group at the 2011 USA Triathlon Sprint National Championships.
- In 3 years, he has raced in 18 triathlons (sprint and Olympic distance) placing first in his age group 6 times and second or third 6 more times.
With Meredith’s input and suggestions, Bryan and Adam have put together a class that will really benefit the endurance athlete. This class will provide the endurance athlete with the following benefits:
- An orientation class prior to each month for new signups that goes over the exercises of the class. Each participant will be put through a Functional Movement Screen (FMS) to see if the athlete has any muscle imbalances that need corrected.
- A periodized strength program so you are your most fit right before your competition.
- An active recovery component so you can recover faster from your hard workouts and/or races.
- Mechanical drills so your running form is as efficient as possible.
- The encouragement of your peers to do the best job you can in your race…..and have some fun!
Dates: Class will run continuously on Mondays and Thursdays at 7pm and optional days on Saturdays at 11:15am. This is an on-going class, meaning you can register at anytime to start on the first of the next month. As long as the class has spots open, you will have the chance to sign up. Your training program will start when you start.
Class Size: We will be closing it off at 10 people. So hurry and get registered. At that point, you would need to contact us and request to be put on a waiting list. If we have enough demand, we will then start to consider second time slots.
Cost: We no longer offer this class.
Orientation Class: You can sign up whenever you would like. You must take our orientation class prior to starting the class, unless told otherwise. Orientation classes are held the last Sunday of each month, at our location, at 1pm. Upon receiving payment, we will email you confirmation of the next open Orientation class to you. Here are the guidelines to when you start your program with us:
- If you sign up for the next coming month, you will be asked to take the Orientation Class that will be held before that month.
- If you sign up and start your class between days 1-7 of that month, then we will go ahead and start you and have you take the Orientation class later that month for the FMS.
- If you sign up day 8 or after, then you will begin the following month and do the Orientation class prior to that month.
Register: To sign up and start next month, click this link. It will take you to a registration/online waiver. Upon completion, you will be sent to a page where you can choose the Paypal link you need to use to complete your payment. We MUST have both the completed online registration and an email Paypal confirmation for you to be considered ready to go. Otherwise, your registration is incomplete and you will not count towards the 10 spots.
Location for Training: Fitness Planning Consultants is located at Ohio Sports Plus, 4140 Tuller Road, Suite 118, Dublin, 43017.
If you would like to talk to us first about the class or possibly online individual coaching, please fill out our free consultation form to learn how we can enhance your endurance training and get you the best times possible.